Due to increasing work we have an opportunity for an experienced Building Surveyor with relevant degree to join our multi-disciplinary practice in Orpington. You will lead on Project coordination, contract administration and perform general surveying duties across a range of projects and clients.
- Receiving Client instructions and agreeing fee proposals for various projects and professional surveying instructions
- Surveying and reporting on residential, commercial and education properties.
- Acting as Lead Consultant for refurbishment and new build projects for public and private clients in different sectors including residential, commercial and education. Includes briefing Clients, design, co-ordinating consultants, specifying, cost advice, tendering, drafting contractual documents and contract administration.
- This is a Client facing role and will include chairing meetings, presentations, resident meetings and the like. There may a requirement to attend out of hours meetings from time to time e.g. resident and leaseholder stakeholder meetings.
- Experience of JCT contracts (both Contract Administration and Employer’s Agent roles), Party Wall and building pathology / defects diagnosis is essential.
- Ability to use AutoCAD is preferable.
- Demonstrate good oral, written communication and personal presentation as the role is client facing
- You will be required to prepare professionally written reports to a high standard.
- You will need to demonstrate your resilience as this position attracts a high volume of work and at times, can be a pressured environment.
- Be organised and prioritise own workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Be able to work under own initiative and also as part of a team.
- The role will include an element of mentoring junior staff.
- You will be required to drive between sites so need to have access to own vehicle and a clean driving licence.
To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our quality and expertise in the build environment.
- Professional Integrity
- Technical Expertise
- Solution Focused
- Reliable Personal Service