Sector House Building
Salary 40k - 50k
We are a small firm looking for a quantity surveyor to support the delivery of residential property developments. The ideal candidate will have experience of managing a project from inception through to completion.
- Helping determine the requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
- Benchmarking requirements against similar projects.
- Assessing and comparing options.
- Helping define the project budget.
- Checking developing designs against the project budget.
- Assessing value for money.
- Checking designs meet legal and quality standards.
- Undertaking risk management and value management exercises.
- Preparing cost plans, estimates and cash flow projections.
- Advising on procurement strategy.
- Advising on packaging.Preparing bills of quantities.
- Preparing tender pricing documents.
- Collating and issuing tender documentation.
- Assessing tenders.
- Estimating the cost of variations.
- Preparing valuation statements for interim certificates.Assisting with the valuation of claims.
- Preparing regular cost reports, including out-turn cost and cash flow.Completing the final account.
Preferably candidates would have experience of:
- Allocating work to subcontractors (if working for the contractor).
- Advising on facilities management.Life cycle costing.
- Advising on repairs and maintenance costs.
- Advising on specialist construction works and building types.
- Must be a UK Chartered Surveyor (RICS-accredited)
- Bonus will be offered.
- Work from home when away from site work