Location BD4 6SE
Salary Depends on experience
Scope and Remit
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Estimator to join our team in Bradford. This job role is suitable for applicants with a minimum of 1 year construction industry experience and a basic understanding of the tender process. May also suit a QS looking to develop within the estimating profession.
Knowledge, training and experience required:
- At least 1 years Construction Industry Experience, preferably Main Contractor experience;
- Prior use of Conquest useful but not essential;
- Good Maths and English skills;
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental safety requirements;
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office;
- A construction industry qualification preferred such as HNC/D or Honours Degree;
- Full UK Driving license.
Key personal characteristics
- Keen and eager to learn and develop new skills;
- Demonstrable ability to think ahead and use own initiative;
- Approachable and able to build relationships with others;
- Behaves in a professional manner at all times;
- Strong communication skills;
- Team player – actively helping and engaging in events and team working;
- Takes ownership and is willing to see things through;
- Ability to work independently, using your own initiative and problem-solving skills;
- Organised and able to work to deadlines;
- Always willing to continuously improve and adapt to changing situations with resilience;
- Flexible in outlook to work patterns and location of work.