Estates Management Surveyor
Salary 50k - 60k
Post: Estates Management Surveyor
Salary: £45,769 per annum
Grade: FRS F
Salary range: £45,769 - £59,431 per annum
Contract type: Permanent
Working pattern: Full-time
Application closing date: Thursday 15 October 2020 at 16:00 GMT
An interesting opportunity has arisen at the London Fire Brigade to act as an Estates Management Surveyor covering the London portfolio London Fire Brigade (LFB) Property Department. To provide the LFB Property team with a source of expert technical advice to deliver estates professional services both directly and supported by an external surveying contract for specialist services where required.
In this wide-ranging and dynamic post, key responsibilities will be the co-ordination and delivery of the future real estate requirements, informing the operational and strategy teams on the parameters of lease and occupational constraints whilst managing the continuity of occupation in existing buildings. This requires a holistic oversight of the property portfolio aligned to the strategy and demands of LFB and its operation.
You’ll be a team player and strategic thinker, keeping close control of costs and building sustainable relationships to drive customer satisfaction and project success. To apply for this role it is important you can self perform property asset management and also develop portfolio strategies. Communication skills are essential as you will engage with a diverse range of professional and technical disciplines. It is essential that you can work well under pressure and that you can communicate clearly with a wide range of stakeholders.
Education and Qualifications
• MRICS qualified. The post holder will be required to undertake CPD in accordance with their professional membership.
• Surveying, Estates Management, Business or similar degree level qualification.
• Good working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Qualification by experience in a construction role such as site / project management would be advantageous.
• Facilities Management qualification.
• IOSH qualification.
To apply, please complete the online application and upload the following documents:
• A copy of your up-to-date CV.
• A cover letter (max. of two sided A4) clearly outlining the relevant experience, qualifications, skills and qualities you have to successfully perform this role (see the job description below). If you are unable to see the job description please visit our jobs pages at https://jobs.london-fire.gov.uk/alljobs/ to access and the full advert.