Quantity Surveyor (Livingston)
Location Livingston, scotland
Salary Depends on experience
HB Projects is a privately owned, multi-discipline, award winning Principal Contractor offering a full range of professional construction, design and building services. Together, the Group offers an unrivalled service to the industrial, commercial and retail and food production markets for both new build and refurbishment projects.
HB Projects is committed to achieving its business objectives through its people. We have an enviable reputation for attracting and retaining the very best people in our industry. We also take great pride in training and developing our staff in order that we can continue, through our people, to provide award winning services to our Customers.
Scope and Remit
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our team in Livingston.
The Quantity Surveyor is responsible for preparing all costs and estimates for tenders and current projects. They are also responsible for ensuring all relevant documentation is maintained and updated as appropriate, monitoring costs of ongoing projects and reporting on their profitability.
This role will suit an individual with a positive attitude who enjoys being challenged and who can actively demonstrate our values of quality, honesty, innovation and teamwork on a daily basis.
Key personal characteristics:
- Commercially minded pro-active thinker;
- Strong relationship builder;
- Problem solver who takes ownership of a task and sees it through to completion;
- Strong influencer who is able to obtain the best outcome for the business making effective use of the resources available;
- Strong team player.
Candidates must have:
- Relevant qualifications;
- Experience in the construction industry;
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental safety requirements;
- Flexibility with regard to work patterns and locations;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Outstanding time management skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.