Location: Haringey, North London
Contract: FTC – 12 months
Hours: 36 hours per week
About the role:
As a Surveyor, you will assume a leading role in support of the delivery of Homes for Haringey’s in –house General Repairs & Voids Section. You will ensure an efficient and effective service in the provision of repairs and maintenance surveying within the Voids Team, with all work being completed on time and to predefined standards of quality, ensuring customer satisfaction and service delivery is maintained at all times.
Duties and responsibilities
- To provide an effective minor through to extensive works maintenance surveying service to Void and Occupied properties, to assess condition and identify building defects, to diagnose and specify appropriate remedies.
- To implement quality, financial and budgetary control systems in accordance with service requirements and performance targets.
- To assist with insurance claims requiring Technical input, specifying and implementing works as necessary.
- To set up and administer planned/cyclical maintenance programmes within specified areas.
- To carry out pre and post inspections as necessary to ensure specified works are undertaken to contract standards.
- To prepare schedules of repairs, specifications and technical drawings and issue or supervisor works to general repairs, voids, disabled adaptations or specialist works.
- To assist with the Right to Buy process as required, ensuring section 20 notification to Leaseholders where applicable and assisting with service charge queries.
- To carry out the project management of minor works schemes and Estate Improvement projects.
- To carry out estate and block inspections in conjunction with Housing Management services.
- To assist in identification and recommendation of priority projects for Capital Investments. To assess properties for inclusion in programmes for disposal, rehabilitation, planned maintenance and any other improvement works in line with Homes for Haringey’s stock improvement and investment strategy.
Experience and Knowledge
- Part 1 RICS/CIOB or equivalent in relevant course of study or 5 years equivalent experience
- Building contract administration
- Financial and quality control
- Project management and administration
- Full knowledge of chemicals and pesticides used within the industry
- Knowledge and understanding of notifications under H & S legislation
- Equal Opportunities in particular relation to housing
- Health and Safety legislation
- Full driving licence - must have access to a vehicle to carry out their duties
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to prepare and present reports
- Ability to write clear letters/memos, procedures etc
- Ability to advise, liaise and consult with Clients, public, staff and contractors
- Financial management and budgetary control
- Performance management and monitoring
- Workload allocation and management
- Use of Windows based and Word processing IT systems
- Ability to provide a high standard of customer care to residents in the community
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work on own initiative
You must be logged in to apply for this job.