We are a growing consultancy practice and due to increasing business we are looking for an experienced Associate to join our expanding team of Employer’s Agents where your contribution will be highly valued. We can offer you the opportunity to be involved with an exciting range of new build housing and mixed-use regeneration projects, with values in the range of £2-£100m+, within Cambridge and the surrounding counties including North London, working with some of our prestigious clients.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
The successful applicant will be able to hone their skills to effectively perform as an Employer’s Agent managing build projects from inception to completion, including but not limited to:
- Developing a client brief and assembling the project delivery team
- Procuring necessary consultancy services to develop a project to planning submission/tender
- Preparation of robust and accurate tender and contract packages
- Undertaking various forms of tender process (OJEU framework and negotiated)
- The ability to analyse and review Contractor/Developer and Designer proposals and ensure that the Employer’s Requirements are fulfilled
- Preparing contract engrossments
- Have a thorough understanding of the upcoming Building Safety Bill
- Acting as Employer’s Agent, Client Representative or Contract Administrator for the delivery of the project(s) which will require:
- An understanding of development control and funding/delivery standards within the housing sector
- Chairing meetings, taking minutes and following up action plans
- Undertaking all day-to-day administrative duties on the delivery of developments under the terms of JCT, D&B or similar Contracts or bespoke Development Agreements
- An ability to record, document and instruct necessary actions as required for the delivery of Contracts
- An ability to identify aspects of risk and to seek guidance from Senior Colleagues at the correct time in order to manage and mitigate such risks.
Although you shall have an ability to undertake the above functions autonomously, the candidate shall recognise when additional or senior input is required.
Person Specification – Essential Criteria (qualifications, experience, skills, qualities)
- University degree in Project Management, Building Surveying, Quantity Surveying or a similar construction related subject
- Must have a minimum of 4 years’ post qualification experience as an Employer’s Agent combined with PM/QS/BS background
- RICS qualified, or similar, e.g., CIOB, MAPM
- Experience in residential development and/or commercial development
- Good interpersonal skills, able to interact with colleagues, clients, and the wider team in a professional manner
- Able to work within a team
- Diligent with attention to detail
- Able to think ahead and problem solve
- An ability to form and develop client relationships and to seek to develop new business opportunities
- A desire to coach/manage junior colleagues by working collaboratively for the successful delivery of projects.
- Experience in preparation of Value for Money Reports
- Full UK Drivers Licence
- The post holder will need a valid CSCS card.
To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our quality and expertise in the build environment.
- Professional Integrity
- Technical Expertise
- Solution Focused
- Reliable Personal Service