Associate (Civil and Marine)
We are is seeking to recruit an Associate Civil Engineer to join our Ports and Harbours Infrastructure Team based in Belfast.
At RPS we work as one team, we roll up our sleeves and we get things done. We’re not the largest in our field, we like our size and the benefits in brings. Our flat structure creates greater collaboration and speed of communication. We know we develop better solutions together. That’s why at RPS you’re more than just a number. We want your input and more importantly, we value new ideas. We’re made up of some of the brightest minds in the industry. And we believe that’s because we celebrate diversity, respect one another and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone.
About The Team:
Our Northern Ireland business employs over 200 staff and has been providing services to the UK and ROI for the past 70 years. We offer a wide range of opportunities, in a dynamic work place, where achievements are rewarded and progress encouraged. As one of Ireland’s leading multidisciplinary consultancies, we are working on many high-profile Planning, Engineering, Water, Waste, Transport, Project Management and Environment projects and require innovative and motivated staff.
The Maritime Sector within RPS has been responsible for some of the UK and Ireland’s most prestigious port developments. These include acting as lead designer for Stena Line’s new £50m Loch Ryan Port; one of Scotland’s projects of national importance. We are also engaged on many exciting projects within the offshore wind, wave and tidal sectors.
Responsibilities associated with this role include, but are not limited to the following:
· The project management of a wide range of civil and maritime engineering consultancy contracts
· Supervision and management of technical staff in the design, procurement and
contract administration of construction projects
· Management of workload and staff utilisation
· Engineering design for Ports and Harbours including structural concrete, steel pile design and geotechnics
· Taking a leading role in Client management and business development
We are looking for an experienced Chartered Engineer with the following attributes:
· Chartered Membership (ICE, IEI or equivalent) with extensive relevant industry experience
· Significant design experience of civil engineering structures. Experience in the design of ports, other marine structures and geotechnical engineering will be an advantage
· A sound knowledge of UK design codes, Euro codes and specifications
· A proven track record in the preparation of contract documents and contract management of significant civil engineering projects
· Proven project management skills
· An ability to lead an experienced team of technical specialists
· Excellent client management skills
· A full driving licence