Due to an increasing workload, RPS is seeking to recruit a Fire Engineer to join our Structures and Fire Team in Belfast. The post will be based in our Belfast office, but duties may require travelling throughout the UK and Ireland.
Our Belfast office employs over 200 staff and has been providing services to the UK and ROI for the past 70 years. We offer a wide range of opportunities, in a dynamic work place, where achievements are rewarded and progress encouraged. As one of Ireland’s leading multidisciplinary consultancies, we are working on many high profile Planning, Engineering, Water, Waste, Transport, Project Management and Environment projects and require innovative and motivated staff.
The Fire Engineering Sector within RPS has been responsible for some of the UK and Ireland’s most prestigious buildings including most recently the iconic £97M Titanic Belfast building. We are engaged on many exciting schemes both within the Private and Public Sector and can offer a diverse range of interesting projects for the successful candidate.
· Design and/or supervise projects
· Preparation of technical and/or progress reports
· Attendance at Client/Design Team Meetings
· Preparation of presentations
· Management of Financial Budgets of job tasks
· Adherence to RPS’s QA procedures
· Attendance at formal/informal training courses to maintain competency
· Compliance with computer procedures and controls
· Compliance with CPD requirements of relevant institutions
· Working as part of a Team or individually (with supervision)
· Supporting senior staff in business development activities
Experience and qualifications required
· MSc in Fire Safety Engineering or equivalent degree
· A sound knowledge of UK and ROI design codes
· An interest in working with a diverse range of UK and International clients
· A full driving licence
· Suitable relevant experience in a Fire Engineering consultancy
· Experience in developing fire strategies for complex buildings
· Experience in computational modelling of fire growth and smoke movement
What we offer you
We will give you the opportunity to work with some of the best talent in this industry. We offer you a work environment that encourages collaboration and innovative thinking – to drive solutions-based outputs that deliver sustainable benefit for our clients, their projects and the environment. We also actively encourage global mobility opportunities for our talented people, enabling us to deliver interconnected sectors and services, and make RPS a great place to do great work.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: 25 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Group Disability Scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Critical illness cover, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Dental Cover, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships and a BenefitHub offering discounts, cash back offers and rewards.