We are a small main contractor working on social housing refurbishment sector. Do to the fast growth we are looking for a Quantity Surveyor who is also able to spend part of the time on Project Management. We anticipate to employ full time PM in the future as the company grows but currently there will have to be a large degree of flexibility in the role.
We carry out projects mainly for Housing Associations, Charities and Investment Funds working in Social Housing Refurbishment, Supported Living and Assisted Living projects. These are mainly refurbishments of block of flats or HMOs, Extensions but occasionally also new builds.
Based in Hertford, Hertfordshire but working on projects across the UK we are looking for someone who is able to travel and work at various locations as well as from our office in Hertford. QS will be reporting directly to the managing director and will have large impact on commercial as well as operational performance of the projects. This role will ideally suit experienced assistant quantity surveyor with refurbishment experience ready to step up or experienced QS looking to take on more senior role in the business as the company grows. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated has resilience and self-drive, is able to cope with constant pressure and driving to achieve results. Someone who is open, honest and trustworthy, with effective communication skills. We pride ourselves on our trustworthiness, integrity and good client relationships therefore an ideal candidate will be honest, consistent in word and deed, but also have the strength and character to challenge others with the ability to drive the correct behaviour.
We do require a certain degree on flexibility in terms of responsibilities and tasks that will need to be handled but main duties will be as follows:
- Awarded projects
- Administer various contracts, mainly JCT
- Procurement of subcontractors and materials
- Managing all commercial aspect of the project
- Preparing cash flow projections on individual projects
- Carrying out valuations and submitting applications to the client
- Monitoring variations and managing change accounts on projects
- Support Site managers/Site Foreman with planning and project management
- Produce Gantt chart via Microsoft Project or other software system.
- Attend client meetings and maintain client relations
- Set up processes for subcontractor management – applications/valuations/payments/compliance
- Set up cost spreadsheets for individual projects but have the ability to run (financially) several projects concurrently.
- Build up subcontractor base
- Write up scope of works following client briefs implementing clients property standards and expectations
- Cost estimate for smaller projects based on SOW and subcontractor estimates, build up quotes and submitting quotes to clients
- Larger projects – manage tender process
- Work closely with clients, commercial and contract delivery teams