Carbon and Utilities Manager
Salary 30k - 40k
Post: Carbon and Utilities Manager
Salary: £27,461.40 per annumGrade: FRS F
Salary range: £27,461.40 - £35,658.60 per annum
Contract type: PermanentWorking pattern: Part-time (3 days a week)
Application closing date: Thursday 22 October 2020 at 16:00 GMT
An interesting opportunity has arisen at the London Fire Brigade to act as Carbon and Utilities Manager to act as the main point of contact on energy and related sustainability matters of behalf of the Property department. Support delivery of LFB carbon reduction deliverables as required and ensure that LFB policies are developed and implemented and maintained as required. You will lead on energy/carbon reporting across an array of statutory, mandatory and voluntary environmental reporting requirements that fall under the energy/ carbon strategy objectives.
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic and positive person to join our energy team in LFB property department. You will be responsible to the successful delivery of the business objectives of your designated team, to provide effective management that will contribute to the continuous improvement. To support delivery of LFB carbon reduction deliverables as required and ensure that LFB policies are developed and implemented and maintained as required. Work with the Major Projects team to ensure required energy and carbon projects are delivered.
Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of working in the Energy Sector. Working knowledge of energy systems e.g. Systemslink, TEAM Sigma, Smart meter data, BMS alarm data and CAFM reports or other equivalent Energy Management Database. Possess a detailed understanding of relevant Energy and Carbon Legislation including the Climate Change Act 2008; and the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive 2007
Qualifications and Experience
• Proven experience in professional energy, M&E engineering, facilities management, building surveying, in either an operational or consultancy role
• A demonstrable track record of identifying and delivering beneficial and cost effective environmental and energy solutions in Property and facilities management.
• Experience of developing business plans/strategies, drafting policies / procedures.
• Experience of procuring energy supplies contracts and monitoring energy usage.
• Experience of providing professional advice on a wide range of policy, compliance, asbestos, environmental and energy issues as they relate to building design, construction, maintenance and estates management.
• Experience of using a range of information technology applications including project management tools, together with good keyboard skills and an awareness of the ways in which IT applications can be utilised in the context of the work of the section.
• Experience of managing and developing support staff.