Business Partner Health and Safety Manager
Sector Fit Outs
Location Bradford, UK
Salary Depends on experience
HB Projects is a privately owned, multi-discipline, award winning Principal Contractor offering a full range of professional construction, design and building services. Together, the Group offers an unrivalled service to the industrial, commercial and retail and food production markets for both new build and refurbishment projects.
This varied role will be split between the HB Group’s two subsidiary organisations; HBMS Cladding Ltd & Onyx Project Services Ltd.
At HBMS our roofing and cladding projects include retail outlets, offices, manufacturing and industrial premises, schools, universities, hospitals and public buildings. We consistently deliver successful building envelope projects on time and within budget.
Onyx Project Services specialise in store fit outs and all aspects of Retail Project Management – including design, planning, procurement, technical advice, installation and liaison between our Client and Principal Contractor.
Scope and Remit
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Health and Safety professional to join our team and help us promote, support and develop high health and safety standards within all business operations of HBMS and Onyx.
The successful candidate will be providing guidance on the implementation of the Company’s health and safety policy, management system and supporting standards. Reviewing working practices and providing feedback to line management within these organisations to challenge, influence and support the Company’s & Group’s overall health and safety strategies.
Candidates must have:
- Membership of IOSH;
- Experience in industrial roofing & cladding/construction or fit out/interior works;
- Flexibility and ability to travel to different locations and work unsocial hours as and when required;
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing approach as dictated by business and/or Client and/or supply chain partners;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Problem resolution and strong reasoning skills;
- Demonstrable ability to think ahead and use own initiative.
This role will suit an individual with a positive attitude who enjoys being challenged and who can actively demonstrate our values of quality, honesty, innovation and teamwork on a daily basis.