Sector House Building
Location Alcester B49
Salary Depends on experience
Home working and a combination of sites around Alcester and Stow on the Wold
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
Founded in 2018, Oversley was created by serial entrepreneur, Piers Daniell, as a platform for building community projects and buildings that will support and enhance the local community. In 2019 we completed work on our first project, Cosmic House, an award-winning building specifically designed to house children’s nursery, Bidford Bright Stars.
The business is involved in a number of premium private property projects centred around Alcester, Warwickshire and Stow on the Wold, Gloucestershire. Oversley’s ambition has always been to support and give back. All projects so far have been completely bespoke and of significant cultural and environmental merit. Previous projects include a 7,000 sq. ft, award-winning private residence with views across five counties.
A long-term plan for the business is to move into producing factory-built housing that can work for a wide range of homeowners. This type of building is hugely popular around the world and enables the building of architecturally sound homes in a timely fashion. We believe this could help to alleviate the current housing crisis by providing affordable, quality homes in a short amount of time.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Project Surveyor to oversee the next three builds in our property portfolio, including the construction of the first castle in the UK for the last 100 years. This role encompasses equal elements of Quantity Surveyor work and long-term Project Management of the builds.
All projects are with or close to planning approval and we are looking for someone to oversee the end-to-end build of these projects including full autonomy and responsibility on meeting the agreed budgets.
We anticipate there are two years on these projects and then would look to the successful candidate in playing a pivotal role in the development of the factory build housing plan.
There are significant opportunities for additional bonuses and rewards for hitting our ambitious goals.
What you will be doing:
· Develop a costing plan and budget for each of the three developments
· Oversee the repurposing of a building to another location
· Manage the budgets and make decisions accordingly
· Oversee the demolition and reclamation of existing buildings
· Negotiate and oversee contracts
· Identify and manage potential risks
· The allocation and overseeing of work to subcontractors
· Ground maintenance and sight clearing oversight
· Liaise with local stakeholders to ensure good relations with neighbours
· On completion of the builds, the opportunity to develop factory build plans further.
· Desired but not essential: practical work to include light site maintenance
· You have proven experience in a Quantity Surveyor and Project Management positions
· You have a degree in Quantity Surveying/Construction Management or equivalent on the job training
· You have an unparalleled eye for detail, and you are committed to delivering your best work every day
· Full autonomy and big responsibility don’t faze you - you’re passionate about your work and willing to get stuck in at all levels to make it a success
· Unlimited Leave
· Bonuses for hitting agreed targets
· Flexible working