VDBM is an established independent firm of Chartered Surveyors providing a wide range of professional services to property owners and occupiers. The role carries a rewarding mix of autonomy, with direct client liaison and project ownership, whilst working within a small and supportive team. We are looking for an individual who is ready to hit the ground running while also looking to expand the department in the future.
This is an opportunity for an
experienced Chartered Building Surveyor with a self-motivated and enthusiastic
approach to their work.
The successful applicant will need to support the building surveying needs of our established client base both locally and nationally.
While the majority of our work is on commercial properties there would also be opportunities for Party Wall work.
We are looking for a Chartered Building Surveyor with the ability to work on own case load whilst also providing support on building issues for our Management Department
Must have good client facing skills
The successful candidate will need to carry out the
· Building and maintaining strong client relationships
· Ensuring projects and professional appointments are completed on budget and to schedule.
· Organising documents for tender and advising on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes. Acting as Contract Administrator.
· Determining the condition of existing buildings, identify and analyse defects, including proposals for repair.
· Advising on the management and supervision of maintenance of buildings
· Negotiation of dilapidations claims.
· Undertaking technical due diligence and pre-acquisition surveys of commercial buildings
· Carrying out feasibility studies
· Advising on the health and safety aspects of buildings
· Dealing with Party Wall procedures
Company car or car allowance
Flexibility of working partly from home