Homes for Haringey
Homes for Haringey is an Arms Length Management Organisation (ALMO), set up in April 2006 to manage Haringey’s council housing.
- Manage around 16,000 tenanted and 4,500 leasehold properties.
- Employ around 570 staff (excluding HRS)
We also have:
Our own in-house repairs service (Haringey Repairs Service) with around 180 staff which carries out around 60,000 repairs to council homes every year.
- While Haringey Council owns the homes and takes overall responsibility for housing policy and strategy, Homes for Haringey is responsible for the day-to-day management of council homes. Homes for Haringey is responsible for:
- Housing management
- Home ownership services
- Supported housing
- Resident involvement and community engagement
- Day to day repairs
- Planned repairs
- Major Works
- Asset management
Homes for Haringey also manages the following services on behalf of Haringey Council:
- Assessing homelessness applications
- Housing advice & options
- Temporary accommodation (support and management)
- Private sector lettings (PSL)
- Hearthstone (domestic violence support)
- Homes for Haringey are an Arm’s Length Management Organisation (ALMO) of London Borough of Haringey. We are firmly committed to working collaboratively towards building a spirit of team working and a supportive one culture in which innovation is encouraged and individuals can thrive. You will have access to a wide range of learning and development opportunities. Homes for Haringey offers flexible working, generous leave entitlement, interest-free season ticket, employee assistance programme and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.